Mehwish Hayat - Women's clothing does not determine the amount of attention they gather
Following in their footsteps is Mehwish Hayat who posted this:
She helped Pakistan understand that women can wear whatever they choose to and will still be subjected to abuse and lots of 'ghoorna'.
Mehwish posted a scene from her film ‘Actor In Law’ where her character was angered by Fahad’s comments about how she attracted attention because she was clad in jeans. Then Mehwish immediately decides to prove a point to Fahad and they both put on a burqa.
Despite being covered from head to toe, both were still stared at as they strolled through a bazaar - point proven!
She went on to express that ‘the way that a woman dresses has no bearing on the way she is treated. This is simply down to the mentality of some of the misogynistic elements in our society.’
She ended the statement with the hashtag #TimesUp.
Indeed it is.
- ‘Ghabrana Nahi Hai’ – Kashif Zameer reassures Pakistanis of ...11:49 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan’s NSA rejects claims of back-channel diplomacy with India ...11:17 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Birthday of Islamic caliph Ali Ibn Abi Talib tomorrow10:00 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan to remain on FATF's grey list till June 202109:44 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Yasir Hussain opens up about his remarks on Nausheen Shah08:24 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021