Saudi social media celebrity accused of being a "negative influence" for showing off wealth
Earlier this week, a now-viral hashtag, which accuses Al Batel of showing off her possessions was launched on Twitter to call on people to block the star on social media platforms.
Many are also criticizing Al Batel for encouraging people to buy "overpriced" products. by constantly posting adverts.
It sparked a heated debate among users, many of whom deemed the behaviour of rich and famous Arab social media influencers "destructive to youth" and "unacceptable."
Users were angered by her showing off her wealth;
"She's showing off that she bought clothes for over a million riyals!!"
Many dubbed her as a"negative influence" on society;
"One of Al Batel's negative effects on society."
"Boys and girls complain about their realities and hate the lives they have because they've come to believe that life is all about luxurious outings, first-class travel, and brands."
ياليت يكون فيه حملة توعية لابناءنا وبناتنا بالحياة الحقيقة وليست حياة القشور التي يعيشها هؤلاء المدلسون #تبليك_افنان_الباتل_ونملتها٢— بنت سلمان 🌷🌷 (@No0f73277677) January 10, 2018
- How to complete PSL 6? ShahidAfridi shares his formula following ...11:11 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Man awarded death sentence for raping five-year-old girl in Rawalpindi09:31 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021