Indian police raid 'brothel run by BJP leader', rescue six children
400 bottles of liquor, 500 unused condoms seized at 30-room 'brothel run by BJP Meghalaya Vice President Bernard N Marak
SHILLONG – Indian police have rescued six children from a ‘brothel’ allegedly run by a senior leader of the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in Tura, according to news reports.
The local media quoted West Garo Hills SP Vivekanand Singh as saying that 73 people were arrested in the "brothel" allegedly run by BJP Meghalaya Vice President Bernard N Marak.
Rimpu Bagan, a farmhouse owned by militant-turned-politician Marak, was raided on the basis of a tip-off, the police office told the news agency.
Singh said, "We have rescued six minors -- four boys and two girls -- who were found locked inside dingy cabin-like unhygienic rooms at Rimpu Bagan run by Bernard N Marak and his accomplices as a brothel for the purpose of prostitution."
He said that all children were handed over to the District Child Protection Officer (DCPO) for safe custody and necessary action as per law.
Around 400 bottles of liquor and more than 500 unused condoms were also found during the raid.
Police said the arrested people were involved in "nefarious activities" as evident from the material seized at the farmhouse, which has 30 small rooms.
It is suspected to be the place where a girl was sexually assaulted, and a case was filed in that regard in February 2022, he said.
<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fpermalink.php%3Fstory_fbid%3Dpfbid09GkCYigHubzQF7N8eTo8co1Z3ufGtGBH4oXYmNvqLQhM4u12Her6hxq6DhDTs18El%26id%3D100063757028237&show_text=true&width=500" width="500" height="474" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true" allow="autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; picture-in-picture; web-share"></iframe>
- Sialkot airport closed for two weeks for runway repairs11:15 AM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Nawaz Sharif set to return to Pakistan to lead PML-N’s election ...10:32 AM | 5 Dec, 2022
- PAKvENG: Pakistan resume at 80-2, need 263 more to win Rawalpindi Test10:05 AM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Former Pakistan Navy chief Admiral Saeed Mohammad Khan passes away at ...09:42 AM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Rahat Fateh Ali Khan reveals why he was arrested in India09:41 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Aima Baig drops teaser of latest cover of "Kahani Suno"08:24 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Rabi Pirzada talks about whimsical social media trends and their ...07:52 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022