MQM claims Sabri was being threatened by Mustafa Kamal's party for declining offer
Nadeem Nusrat, a senior MQM leader, claimed that Sabri had been receiving threats for the last four weeks.
“A conscienceless gang of Khayaban-e-Sahar was threatening Shaheed Amjad Sabri and asking him to visit their place,” he said.
بالکل درست ہے۔ امجد صابری شہید کوچارہفتوں سے خیابان سحر والے بے ضمیر ٹولےکی جانب سے حاضری دینےکی دھمکیاں مل رہی تھیں pic.twitter.com/rVO5X3hnzt— Nadeem Nusrat (@nadeem_nusrat) June 22, 2016
On the other hand, PSP spokesman Iftikhar Alam said the allegations were baseless. Alam said that the PSP had not sought to invite Amjad Sabri to one of it's upcoming events. He hit back at Nadeem Nusrat, saying that MQM’s politics was based on hatred and violence.
MQM’s Mustafa Azizabadi also expressed similar concerns, however, these were refuted by another MQM defector Dr Sagheer Ahmed who is now part of the Pak Sarzameen Party.
- Karachi police bust ‘burger gang’ involved in house robberies in ...10:30 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- PCB unveils team Pakistan’s official jersey for T20 World Cup08:45 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan reopens shrines, cinemas for fully vaccinated visitors08:20 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Saba Qamar drops the first look from upcoming project 'Serial Killer'04:47 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat expresses love for Jennifer Lopez04:20 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Alizeh Shah's gorgeous bridal shoot wins hearts03:27 PM | 15 Oct, 2021