65-year-old Muslim beaten up as cow vigilantism upsurges in India
In the chilling 60-seconds video, Samiuddin can be seen being roughed up by the raged Hindus who are seen questioning him about the identity of another man, alleging him of cow smuggling.
Apparently, the helpless senior is filmed minutes before the baying crowd caught hold of a 45-year-old Qasim and lynched him to death over affairs related to a cow, considered sacred in the Hindu religion.
65-year-old Muslim beaten up in India as cow vigilantism upsurges
65-year-old Muslim beaten up in India as cow vigilantism upsurgesPosted by Daily Pakistan Global on Saturday, June 23, 2018
The surfacing of the video has also negated the claims of police which had earlier stated that unidentified individuals had attacked the duo in Pilakhuwa area.
Hapur Superintendent of Police, Sankalp Sharma detailed in an interview to Indian daily that an FIR was registered on the basis of a complaint by Samiuddin’s brother Yasin who alleged that the killing squarely related to cow vigilantism.
'As far as the allegations about attempted cow slaughter or cattle smuggling is concerned, we are investigating the matter,' he added.
Qasim’s daughter-in-law Arshi explained that the deceased left the home on Monday stating that he will be back by 4 pm.
'He took around Rs 60,000-70,000. He used to go to neighbouring villages to procure and sell cattle and we thought that it must be regarding his business,' said Arshi.
However, the trader was lynched, a video of which emerged showing Qasim lying in a field, his clothes torn and bruises across his body.
In the video, Qasim pleads for some water as a group of young men surround him but the request was denied.
“They did not give him water because he was a Muslim,” said Mohammad Salim, Qasim’s younger brother.
The allegations that the lynching was connected to cow slaughter are repeated by families of the accused and residents of Baghera Khurd as well.
The Muslims in 'world's biggest democracy' have been facing the wrath of ultra nationalists Hindus who don't leave any chance to torture the marginalized community over cow related affairs.
Scores of faithful have been killed in recent years merely on the suspicion of slaughtering or even carrying cows from one place to another though Indian premier Narendra Modi
- Imran Ghazali appointed as head of information ministry’s digital ...11:46 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Afghan President Ghani phones PM Imran, discusses peace talks, ...09:34 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Three arrested in Faisalabad for displaying weapons on social media ...08:19 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Punjab govt to celebrate Tiger Force Day on Aug 907:38 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Trump gives 45 days to Microsoft for acquiring TikTok07:21 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Nothing Like Everything: Ayyan Ali announces first-ever music album04:56 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Filmmakers around the world take to part in Iran’s Resistance Film ...10:27 AM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi, Naimal Khawar Khan blessed with a baby boy12:37 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020