65-year-old Muslim beaten up as cow vigilantism upsurges in India
In the chilling 60-seconds video, Samiuddin can be seen being roughed up by the raged Hindus who are seen questioning him about the identity of another man, alleging him of cow smuggling.
Apparently, the helpless senior is filmed minutes before the baying crowd caught hold of a 45-year-old Qasim and lynched him to death over affairs related to a cow, considered sacred in the Hindu religion.
65-year-old Muslim beaten up in India as cow vigilantism upsurgesPosted by Daily Pakistan Global on Saturday, June 23, 2018
The surfacing of the video has also negated the claims of police which had earlier stated that unidentified individuals had attacked the duo in Pilakhuwa area.
Hapur Superintendent of Police, Sankalp Sharma detailed in an interview to Indian daily that an FIR was registered on the basis of a complaint by Samiuddin’s brother Yasin who alleged that the killing squarely related to cow vigilantism.
'As far as the allegations about attempted cow slaughter or cattle smuggling is concerned, we are investigating the matter,' he added.
India's PM Modi breaks silence over killings in ... 03:15 PM | 29 Jun, 2017
NEW DELHI - After a spate of killings targeting Muslims, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday broke silence ...
Qasim’s daughter-in-law Arshi explained that the deceased left the home on Monday stating that he will be back by 4 pm.
'He took around Rs 60,000-70,000. He used to go to neighbouring villages to procure and sell cattle and we thought that it must be regarding his business,' said Arshi.
However, the trader was lynched, a video of which emerged showing Qasim lying in a field, his clothes torn and bruises across his body.
In the video, Qasim pleads for some water as a group of young men surround him but the request was denied.
“They did not give him water because he was a Muslim,” said Mohammad Salim, Qasim’s younger brother.
The allegations that the lynching was connected to cow slaughter are repeated by families of the accused and residents of Baghera Khurd as well.
The Muslims in 'world's biggest democracy' have been facing the wrath of ultra nationalists Hindus who don't leave any chance to torture the marginalized community over cow related affairs.
Scores of faithful have been killed in recent years merely on the suspicion of slaughtering or even carrying cows from one place to another though Indian premier Narendra Modi
- Clerics in North Waziristan booked for announcing fake Eid moon ...07:24 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Cabinet committee accepts NAB's request to place Shehbaz Sharif on ECL05:46 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Muhammad Noor Meskanzai appointed as chief justice of Pakistan’s ...05:41 PM | 12 May, 2021
- PM Imran regrets criticising diplomats in public05:16 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Ali Gul Pir’s parody on Firdous Ashiq Awan’s statement goes viral03:44 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Superstar Fawad Khan cooks exceptionally well: Sadaf04:10 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Pakistani barber offers haircuts with cleavers and blowtorches02:32 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021