#MeToo: More girls come forward after Daily Pakistan exposes sexual harassment at Kips college
These were the words of a female victim who was allegedly harassed by her teacher at KIPS - a private chain of colleges.
After Daily Pakistan Global published the news of sexual harassment at the private institution, more female students have come forward with the allegation of sexual harassment against teachers at KIPS Education System. Several students contacted the publishing outlet and shared their own experiences.
Harassment on campus: Private institute turns out ... 04:53 PM | 25 May, 2018
LAHORE- Sexual Harassment is taking place against female students and employees of a renowned private educational ...
While talking to Daily Pakistan Global, one of the victims shared that several girls were approached inappropriately by male teachers. Some of them kept quiet about it and some approached administration to file a complaint but no action was taken.
According to a former student, after reading the news she talked to alumni and present students of Kips. Many of them shared the same experience that teachers kept sending them inappropriate messages on social media, and persisted on meeting alone.
Following stories have been carefully opted, after we talked to the students and saw the concrete proofs they have.
Prof Dr Sheraz Ahmad:
Salman Sabir Khan:
Muhammad Abbas is a coordinator at Kips Academies. Many students claimed to be a victim of his lewd behavior. Just like Sheraz Ahmad he had a fake id. According to victims, he would approach them on his own id, asking them to add the fake one and will send inappropriate messages, forcing them to sext, asking for their pictures and inviting them to hotel rooms.Students and alumni of Kips shared that they filed many complaints against him to Kips head office and principal but no action was taken against him. Muhammad Abbas is still serving at Kips Education System.
The victims, consisting mostly of school's alumni, have formed a group to expose harassment at the college. "Enough is enough now we will raise our voice without any fear and we will bring this issue to media. We are contacting more students and have made a portal where the students can tell if they are harassed and give us proofs to share it on social media and electronic media. And if an action will not be taken against them we will go to the courts," says one alumna.
Upon verification, Daily Pakistan Global got to know all above mentioned people are serving in Kips in above mentioned capacities.
When contacted the Kips administration, Mr Ammar Pervaiz, spokesperson for Kips maintained that Kips is extremely strict about harassment and all complains are taken extremely seriously. He said that some students have already contacted him regarding the above-mentioned individuals and Kips is seriously investigating the matter. According to Mr Pervaiz, a special meeting of board of directors has been called to investigate the matter. "Kips does not tolerate such behavior at all, and I can guarantee that pending proper investigations, if these individuals are found guilty they will be immediately fired," he added.
- YES — Sonia Naz becomes Pakistan’s first transgender person to ...01:36 AM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani companies come forward to develop Reko Diq gold, copper ...10:59 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Pakistan’s Faisal Edhi seeks Palestine visa amid Israeli bombardment10:53 PM | 17 May, 2021
- CSS exam lays bare FPSC fault lines yet again10:12 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Miss Mexico Andrea Meza crowned Miss Universe 202105:43 PM | 17 May, 2021
- #JusticeForZuhaMalik trends after TikToker shares videos of torture ...06:22 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Katrina Kaif sends birthday greetings to rumoured boyfriend Vicky ...04:14 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021