ARY News shuts Islamabad office after staffers test positive for coronavirus
KARACHI - A private news channel, ARY News, has closed its office in Islamabad after several of its staff members tested positive for coronavirus.
Salman Iqbal, the owner of the news channel, in a tweet said: "As a precautionary measure random testing was done in ARY Isb office ,8 reported positive out of 20 tests, 2 have shown symptoms".
He added, "We have closed our isb office ,all staff will be tested and office to be sanitised. Till all staff is tested employees have been asked to stay at home".
The number of coronavirus cases in Pakistan rose Sunday to a total of 13,328, according to government data.
The death toll related to COVID-19 has reached 277, according to the National Command and Control Centre, while at least 2,966 patients have fully recovered.
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa has reported highest number of deaths, a total of 98, while Sindh and Punjab follow with 81 fatalities each. Balochistan has so far recorded 13 deaths; Gilgit Baltistan, 3; and Islamabad, 3.
The first two fatalities from COVID-19, as the illness is officially known, were reported in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa on March 18 (Wednesday).
- One boy died, another badly hurt due to dogs biting02:25 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Brace Yourselves for the Live Broadcast Launch of TECNO’s Spark 5 ...01:19 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Sindh launches online education for primary schools amid COVID-1912:29 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Hafeez urges int'l agencies for evaluating losses to ...11:11 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Kanye West donates $2 million, establishes college fund for George ...08:24 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020