Saudi Crown Prince camel festival enters Guinness World Records
The global recognition of the festival’s record-breaking size coincides with Saudi Arabia’s 88th National Day, celebrated on Sep. 23 every year.
The presentation of the Guinness certificate took place just a few hours before the Crown Prince Camel Festival awards ceremony that was attended by Crown Prince Muhammad Bin Salman.
In line with the new citation from Guinness, the event’s closing ceremony saw a total of SR53 million awarded to top finishers in the various events.
This year’s festival enjoyed the participation of a record 11,186 camels, which competed in 787 rounds of competition over more than 40 days from Aug. 11 to Sept 22, 2018, the Saudi Center for International Communication said in a press release.
New international federation for camel racing ... 06:14 PM | 27 Jun, 2017
KUWAIT CITY - The founding committee of a newly-established international federation for camel racing has invited ...
Prince Fahd Bin Jalawi Bin Abdulaziz Bin Musaed, president of the Saudi Arabian Camel Federation, accepted the official certificate confirming the festival’s accomplishment from Guinness representative Ahmad Jamal Al-Din. Prince Abdulaziz Bin Turki Al-Faisal, deputy president of the General Sports Authority, also attended the event at the camel racing grounds in Taif.
The festival’s key aim is to showcase and boost the camel-racing heritage of the Kingdom and the Gulf Arab countries.
The festival unfolded in four phases, with key races taking place on weekends. There were warm-up rounds, racing rounds, marathon rounds, production rounds and closing-in rounds. Also featured were sports, cultural and entertainment activities alongside educational workshops for camel owners and visitors interested in camel sports.
- Two kids drown in River Chenab08:02 PM | 25 May, 2020
- Predatory cop shoots teen boy dead in Kasur on Eid07:24 PM | 25 May, 2020
- Lahore temperature hits 44°C on second day of Eid07:04 PM | 25 May, 2020
- PML-N’s Nehal Hashmi tests positive for COVID-1906:59 PM | 25 May, 2020
- KP chief secretary tests positive for COVID-1905:40 PM | 25 May, 2020
- How much does Ahmed Shah earn from Fahad Mustafa’s Jeeto Pakistan?08:41 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Zara Abid presumed dead, not amongst the survivors of PIA plane crash05:13 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Netflix announces Élite season 4 with returning cast members04:07 PM | 23 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020