Russia’s Kalashnikov takes on Elon Musk’s Tesla with not-so-futuristic electric car
The brand, best known for the AK-47 machine gun, presented the decidedly retro-looking pale blue prototype, the CV-1, at a military expo in Moscow.
According to the company, the new technology will let it stand in the ranks of global electric car makers including the likes of Tesla and Nissan because at present it is a successful project in the field of electric vehicles.
The look was inspired by a Soviet hatchback model developed in the 1970s called “Izh-Kombi,” said the company.
CV-1 has a new high-speed system of modular control batteries and a system that balances various working elements, taking into account the slightest difference in the characteristics of each.
The battery on the car has a weight of 50 kilograms with dimensions of 50 cm in length and width and 100 cm in height.
The Kalashnikov CV-1 has an electric range of 350 Kms and gets a 220 KT electric motor with a top speed of 100 km/h. The company claims acceleration from 0-100 km/h is six seconds.
This is also not the first vehicle being built by the company. Earlier, the company had built a hybrid buggy OV-2 designed for Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation. Over the years, the company has ventured into new business ranging from clothing to making covers for mobile phones.
As it is an initial prototype, details such as the vehicle's price tag have not yet been disclosed.
Army 2018: Kalashnikov unveils giant ‘gold ... 08:58 PM | 22 Aug, 2018
MOSCOW - A Russian arms maker has unveiled a 13-foot ‘gold killer robot’ at this year’s Army 2018 fair in Moscow. ...
Earlier this week, Kalashnikov unveiled Igorek (aka "little Igor"); a four-metre (13 ft) tall, 4.5-tonne, a manned robot designed for "carrying out engineering and combat tasks".
- TLP-police clashes leave another cop dead, nearly 100 injured in ...11:22 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan launches first space observatory in Islamabad10:54 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021 – President Alvi, PM Imran congratulate Muslims on ...10:38 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Dozen injured in Balochistan football ground blast10:15 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- vivo Pakistan announces contactless customer support via WhatsApp09:56 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Mohammad Amir celebrates 29th birthday04:50 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Zainab Abbas becomes first Pakistani female presenter to join Sky ...04:02 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021
- Ten New IPO Billionaires in 202107:59 PM | 8 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021 – Tips for busy professionals01:52 PM | 7 Apr, 2021