Pakistan closes Taftan border after outbreak of cronavirus in Iran
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan has closed its Taftan border with Iran in order to stop spread of the virus through movement of the people on Monday.
According to the media reports, hundreds of people have been found infected with deadly Coronavirus in schools and universities and cultural centres in different parts of Iran.
Some reports revealed that 28 people have been infected in different parts of Iran.
Following the reports, Pakistan government ordered closure of Taftan border to stop spread of Coronavirus in the region.
Hundreds of pilgrims visit Iran from Pakistan via the Taftan border crossing on a daily basis.
Authorities have sealed the border, introduced screening procedures and increased patrolling in a bid to ensure the infection does not spread to Balochistan.
Home Minister of southwestern Balochistan province Mir Zia Ullah Langove told the reporters that Prime Minister Imran Khan had assured the Balochistan government of help.
Balochistan Chief Minister Jam Kamal announced emergency in Balochistan due to the outbreak of the virus in Iran.
However, flights to and from Iran have not been suspended, confirmed an official of the Civil Aviation Authority Pakistan (CAAP).
- How to fight with Coronavirus?07:43 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Karachiites thrash policemen for stopping Friday prayer06:45 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Zahid Ahmed apologises to the nation for choosing a script ‘so ...05:02 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Here's what PM Imran Khan has to say regarding Maria.B controversy04:31 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Mahira Khan urges people to donate to PM’s coronavirus relief fund04:11 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 Google searches in Pakistan for 201906:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019