Pakistan closes Taftan border after outbreak of cronavirus in Iran
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan has closed its Taftan border with Iran in order to stop spread of the virus through movement of the people on Monday.
According to the media reports, hundreds of people have been found infected with deadly Coronavirus in schools and universities and cultural centres in different parts of Iran.
Some reports revealed that 28 people have been infected in different parts of Iran.
Following the reports, Pakistan government ordered closure of Taftan border to stop spread of Coronavirus in the region.
Hundreds of pilgrims visit Iran from Pakistan via the Taftan border crossing on a daily basis.
Authorities have sealed the border, introduced screening procedures and increased patrolling in a bid to ensure the infection does not spread to Balochistan.
Home Minister of southwestern Balochistan province Mir Zia Ullah Langove told the reporters that Prime Minister Imran Khan had assured the Balochistan government of help.
Balochistan Chief Minister Jam Kamal announced emergency in Balochistan due to the outbreak of the virus in Iran.
However, flights to and from Iran have not been suspended, confirmed an official of the Civil Aviation Authority Pakistan (CAAP).
- 'Neelofar' starring Fawad, and Mahira gets a release date08:54 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Punjab police to take over Banigala's security after Gill’s arrest08:10 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan braces for more rains under new monsoon spell07:18 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Eshal Fayyaz gives befitting reply to trolls for moral policing05:58 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Adeel Chaudhry spills the beans on his wedding plans05:06 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Natasha Ali Lakhani wins hearts with latest video02:05 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Eidul-Adha in style06:20 PM | 10 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022