UNGA president due in Pakistan on Monday
ISLAMABAD – President-elect of United Nations General Assembly Ambassador Volkan Bozkir is arriving in Pakistan on Monday, according to the country's foreign minister.
“As the UNGA president-elect is coming here, I will present before him Pakistan’s position on Indian Occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IOJ&K, which is suffering the worst human rights situation,” Shah Mehmood Qureshi said in a statement yesterday.
Qureshi said he would apprise Ambassador Bozkir the atrocities committed by Indian security forces in IOJ&K.
Ambassador Volkan Bozkir has been elected as the President of UNGA’s 75th session.
Earlier, UNGA President Maria Fernanda Espinosa visited Pakistan in Januray last year.
- #MeToo: Ayesham Omar opens up about sexual harassment with Rose ...01:30 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- COAS Bajwa interacts with senior serving, retired military officers ...12:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- World Bank announces new Country Director for Pakistan11:51 AM | 4 Aug, 2020
- New York’s Times Square lights up in solidarity for Kashmiri people11:19 AM | 4 Aug, 2020
- India imposes curfew in Srinagar ahead of clampdown anniversary10:32 AM | 4 Aug, 2020
- From Acting to ‘Action!’: Saba Qamar to make directorial debut ...05:32 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Nothing Like Everything: Ayyan Ali announces first-ever music album04:56 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Filmmakers around the world take to part in Iran’s Resistance Film ...10:27 AM | 3 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020