UNGA president due in Pakistan on Monday
ISLAMABAD – President-elect of United Nations General Assembly Ambassador Volkan Bozkir is arriving in Pakistan on Monday, according to the country's foreign minister.
“As the UNGA president-elect is coming here, I will present before him Pakistan’s position on Indian Occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IOJ&K, which is suffering the worst human rights situation,” Shah Mehmood Qureshi said in a statement yesterday.
Qureshi said he would apprise Ambassador Bozkir the atrocities committed by Indian security forces in IOJ&K.
Ambassador Volkan Bozkir has been elected as the President of UNGA’s 75th session.
Earlier, UNGA President Maria Fernanda Espinosa visited Pakistan in Januray last year.
- Pakistan's remittances rise to all-time high in April02:10 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistan to express solidarity with Palestinians on Friday12:33 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Infinix NOTE10 Pro launched in Pakistan, price, sale info, offers, ...12:09 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Ertugrul actress Burcu Kirtali beats the heat on a water slide11:09 AM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities speak up against Israeli brutalities in ...08:41 AM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021