Police seek remedy for naked North Carolina neighbor
Charlotte-Mecklenburg police say that, while Gerard Leeper may be annoying his neighbors, he hasn't been charged because what he's done isn't illegal. State law says someone can't expose himself in a place where the public has access.
But police say they want to change that, clarifying that it's unlawful for a person to expose himself if he can be seen from a public place.
At a meeting Monday night, homeowners said Leeper stands naked at his door several times a week and has been doing so for years. Leeper will be getting counseling, CBS affiliate WBTV-TV reported.
Leeper told WBTV he's only been inside his home naked and that his privacy has been violated.
"I would not stand outside my door naked, and no one has a picture of me standing outside my door naked," Leeper said. "What they have is a picture with intrusion of seclusion."
WBTV reports that Leeper has been arrested eight times by Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police for indecent exposure, among other charges.
- Has State Bank of Pakistan restricted ATM withdrawal limit to Rs1,000?03:21 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Aman-2021 – Pakistan Navy set to hold 7th Multinational Maritime ...02:31 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- J&K – India approves to build power project on Chenab River in ...02:04 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Bilawal House announces schedule for Bakhtawar-Mahmood wedding05:32 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- WATCH – Sara Ali Khan swings into the weekend with style in Maldives03:56 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021