India's interceptor missile test fails despite claims to the contrary
CHENNAI (Web Desk) - Despite the tall claims of the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), the interceptor missile test, which took place on May 15, was a failure. Sources said that the interceptor never took off to intercept the incoming “enemy” missile.
According to a report on May 16, a mutated Prithvi missile was launched from a naval ship in the Bay of Bengal and instead of stopping it, the interceptor mimicked its trajectory.
However, informed sources are of the view that interceptor missile never took off from the island, explaining why the interceptor could not stop its intended target.
“Post-flight analysis is going on. We do not know whether there was problem in detecting the missile, whether radars tracked it and communicated it to the interceptor,” said the sources.
It is relevant to mention that both the Prithvi missile and the interceptor were developed by DRDO( Defence Research and Development Organisation).
This is not the first incident of interceptor failure for India, earlier in April 2015, a similar mission failed after the interceptor dived into the Bay of Bengal while in 2014, the warhead in the interceptor failed to explode after hitting the “enemy” missile during a test.
Earlier, Pakistan expressed concerns over the Indian interceptor missile test, and has even considered tabling a resolution at the UN to declare the Indian Ocean a "nuclear free zone".
- Brace Yourselves for the Live Broadcast Launch of TECNO’s Spark 5 ...01:19 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Sindh launches online education for primary schools amid COVID-1912:29 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Hafeez urges int'l agencies for evaluating losses to ...11:11 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Protests against racism, police violence sparked in major Australian ...10:02 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Complete lockdown in Islamabad on Saturday and Sunday09:45 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Kylie Jenner tops Forbes' list of the highest-paid celebrities in the ...03:37 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020