Twitter has some thoughts as Hamza Ali Abbasi, Shaan Shahid urge Pakistanis to 'ditch' dollar
Following the record-breaking increase in the value of US Dollar, the actors request Pakistani citizens to convert their American dollars to Pakistani rupees to strengthen the national currency.
The Waar actor’s tweet got a hashtag ‘Buy back Pakistani rupees’ trending on Twitter.
“Appeal to all my fellow Pakistanis .. #buybackpakRs no matter how little or how big one can afford but let’s put in our share,” he wrote.
Shaan continued, “Let’s start with whatever little we have to start with exchange 50,100 or 1000$ and buy back our rupee. We must not question right now. Let’s unite as the threat is mutual. We have a right to disagree with each other but lets agree on our survival our future.”
#buypakRs 🇵🇰 let’s start with whatever little we have to start with exchange 50,100or 1000$ and buy back our Rupee .. we must not question right now let’s unite as the threat is mutual .. we have a right to disagree with each other but lets agree on our survival our future🇵🇰🙏🏼❤️— Shaan Shahid (@mshaanshahid) May 20, 2019
“Our currency, our pride,” he then tweeted. “We must defend it from economic attacks that are challenging our freedom and our right to exist. In this war, we are all economic soldiers. We must defend our rupee.”
Hamza followed suit and said:
“I don’t have a dollar account but my mother and sister have one. I am proud to announce that today they converted all the dollars into PKR,” the Mann Mayal star shared. “So I request all of you to DITCH THE DOLLAR and buy Pakistani rupee as soon as possible and play your part in strengthening our currency!”
I don't have a dollar accnt but my mother & sister have one. I am proud to announce tht today they converted all the dollars into PKR. So i request all of u to DITCH THE DOLLAR and buy Pakistani Rupee asap & play ur part in strengthening our currency! 🇵🇰 #میں_پاکستانی_ہوں— Hamza Ali Abbasi (@iamhamzaabbasi) May 23, 2019
And Twitter had some thoughts.
Everyone is requested to fully corporate for this national cause because it's the matter of our survival🙏#buybackpakRs— anum Shafique (@anumShafique7) May 22, 2019
#buybackpakRs but how? I don't have any dollars, or euros or any other currency worth showing off. When I went to the money changer and asked how many rupees for Pak rupees, he had his guard escort me out. He was most polite though.— MM Khurram Baig (@MMKhurramBaig) May 22, 2019
Shaan sold his dollars 😂🤣😂🤣😂😂😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂— Faisal Rafi (@faisalrafi) May 22, 2019
I feel like Shaan Shahid should have been the finance minister all along— Aima Khosa (@aimaMK) May 21, 2019
Have more to add to the story?Comment below and stay tuned for more updates!
- 20 more matches decided in 2nd Tennis Lovers Punjab Open Tennis ...08:15 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- Jazz secures Telecom sector’s largest credit facility, fully ...07:58 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- President Alvi for transparency in recruitment process of FPSC07:24 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- Tarin chairs meeting of Cabinet Committee on Privatization07:05 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- ‘I don’t have a big belly,’ Abdul Qavi responds to his viral ...04:30 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- The Undertaker challenges Akshay Kumar to a 'real match'04:06 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- Ushna Shah addresses the backlash over her criticism directed at ...03:42 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan seeks explanation from HBO management for censoring PM ...11:02 AM | 23 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021