Google Doodle paying tribute to Pakistani singer Iqbal Bano
ISLAMABAD - According to the tradition, Google Doodle is honouring another acclaimed Pakistani celebrity Iqbal Bano on her 81st birth anniversary on Saturday.
Google has shared an illustration paying tribute to the renowned Pakistani singer, reported a private news channel.
The legendary singer was known for her semi-classical Urdu ghazals, songs and classical themes. She also sang easy-listening numbers in 1950s films. She was born in Delhi in 1938.
She studied with Ustad Chand Khan a master of classical Indian vocals and began singing on All India Radio as a teenager.
The renowned singer is also known for her defiant performance of protest poetry by Faiz Ahmed Faiz.
She did playback singing for various Pakistani films.
She was awarded Tamgha-i-Imtiaz (Pride of Performance) medal in 1974. Iqbal Bano died on April 21, 2009, after a brief illness at 74.
- Iran ready to talks with Saudi Arabia, Gulf countries: Javad Zarif12:02 AM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Imran Khan discusses digital media with youth at PM House09:59 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- AJK snowfall: Neelum, Leepa, Bhedi declared calamity-hit areas09:50 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FO summons Indian diplomat to reject mischievous portrayal of ...08:58 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FM Qureshi reaches Qatar after conclusion of successful US visit08:51 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019