Team ‘Joyland’ receives standing ovation at Cannes Film Festival 2022
It's a proud moment for Pakistan indeed as Team Joyland received a standing ovation at the Cannes Film Festival 2022.
Unlocking a major milestone for the local filmmakers and artists, Joyland has become the first feature film to be screened at the prestigious festival, which hosts biggest directors and actors from across the globe.
Saim Sadiq's labour of love was widely acknowledged by critics, with Deadline deeming it a “thoughtful, well performed and engrossing drama”.
The aforementioned video shows the elated cast and crew taking a bow. Sarwat Gilani, Sarmad Khoosat, Sania Saeed, Alina Khan, Sana Jafri and Ali Junejo were seen shedding tears of joy at the screening of the film.
View this post on Instagram
The international Festival de Cannes is one of the world’s most widely publicized events and certainly the most important film festival in terms of worldwide impact.
Pakistani stars attend Cannes Film Festival 2022 08:45 PM | 21 May, 2022
Pakistani stars Sarwat Gillani and Sania Saeed will be attending the 75th edition of the Cannes Film Festival. Team ...
- Pakistan extends Benazir Kafalat Programme to transgender community11:17 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Security forces kill terrorist commander in North Waziristan10:50 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Iqra Aziz has the sweetest birthday wish for Yasir Hussain10:25 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Emirati themed Jazz and Opera concerts captivate visitors to ...09:59 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- 'Mastermind' of Sidhu Moose Wala’s murder detained in USA07:56 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Armeena Khan claps back at haters trolling her for her maternity ...09:22 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022