LHC summons Nawaz Sharif, Maryam Nawaz for using official protocol despite disqualification
The decision was taken on Friday during the hearing of a plea, filed by Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) leader Andleeb Abbas, seeking to retract official protocol from the former premier and his family.
On July 28, Sharif was disqualified to hold the office of prime minister by the Supreme Court in the Panama Papers case.
Nawaz Sharif, his sons Hasan and Hussain, daughter Maryam, son-in-law Capt (retd) Mohammad Safdar and Finance Minister Ishaq Dar are facing multiple corruption references in the accountability court.
During today’s hearing, the petitioner’s counsel argued that the respondent was not only still using the Punjab House in the federal capital but travelling with a motorcade of 40 vehicles.
Over Rs21 million of tax-payers’ money was spent on the protocol of Maryam and her father while they were appearing before the joint investigation team (JIT) formed by the top court in the Panamagate case, said the petitioner.
The court later issued notices to the defendants and other parties, seeking their replies on the next hearing scheduled for December 21.
- Saudi Arabia sees Gulf’s first confirmed Omicron case05:36 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Anoushey Ashraf slams co-stars for not being mindful of personal ...05:05 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Noor Mukadam case: Zahir Jaffer pleads being ‘mentally ill’04:38 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Sindh Bar Council secretary shot dead in broad daylight03:48 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani model apologises over photoshoot at Kartarpur gurdwara09:53 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Indian actress Ameesha Patel booked in cheque bounce case06:39 PM | 30 Nov, 2021