According to science, you are the happiest in these two years of life
Those same people were re-interviewed to see if the reality matched their expectations when the time came.
What the team discovered was a happiness U-curve between ages 20 and 70, with joy peaking at 23 and 69.
At the age of 23 you are young and hopeful, waiting to see where life will take you.
At 69 you are relaxed and settled, doing things you could as a young blooded hard worker.
Interestingly, researchers noted that younger people tended to overestimate the happiness of their future selves, while the older people tended to underestimate it, so during the followup interviews the twenty-somethings reported being disillusioned by the last five years, while the sixty-somethings were pleasantly surprised by the unfolding of their lives.
Stay happy and fit!
- My investor is my master’, Pakistan’s PM Shehbaz tells Turkish ...05:40 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Imran Khan reaches for Rawalpindi for decisive power-show03:02 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- SBP governor confident of $1bn Sukuk repayment before due date02:44 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Sania Mirza rubs shoulder with husband Shoaib Malik amid divorce ...01:09 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Humaima Malick pays special tribute to Anjuman Shaheen at LUX Style ...10:05 PM | 25 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022
- Shehbaz Sharif, Imran Khan, Gen Bajwa named among world’s 500 most ...10:36 PM | 1 Nov, 2022
- India falls behind Pakistan, Myanmar in Global Hunger Index02:30 PM | 16 Oct, 2022