IMF expresses satisfaction over Pakistan’s economic performance in first quarter review
ISLAMABAD - International Monetary Fund’s (IMF) Resident Representative for Pakistan, Teresa Daban Sanchez has expressed satisfaction on the overall macro-economic performance of the government in the first-quarter review.
She expressed these views during a conversation with relevant stakeholders on the first quarterly review of 39-month arrangement made under the Extended Fund Facility for Pakistan, in Islamabad.
The IMF Resident Representative said revenue collections have increased substantially, with improvement in the trade deficit and net foreign assets.
She said there was a successful transition towards a market-based exchange rate regime by the government which helps increase foreign exchange reserves.
Teresa praised the government for successfully controlling expenditures with the help of new public finance management law.
- UNSC expresses serious concern over current IIOJ&K situation03:10 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran chairs CCI meeting in Islamabad02:30 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- The shocking reason behind Ayesha Omar's fitness01:05 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020