IMF expresses satisfaction over Pakistan’s economic performance in first quarter review
ISLAMABAD - International Monetary Fund’s (IMF) Resident Representative for Pakistan , Teresa Daban Sanchez has expressed satisfaction on the overall macro-economic performance of the government in the first-quarter review.
She expressed these views during a conversation with relevant stakeholders on the first quarterly review of 39-month arrangement made under the Extended Fund Facility for Pakistan , in Islamabad.
The IMF Resident Representative said revenue collections have increased substantially, with improvement in the trade deficit and net foreign assets.
She said there was a successful transition towards a market-based exchange rate regime by the government which helps increase foreign exchange reserves.
Teresa praised the government for successfully controlling expenditures with the help of new public finance management law.
- Iran ready to talks with Saudi Arabia, Gulf countries: Javad Zarif12:02 AM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Imran Khan discusses digital media with youth at PM House09:59 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- AJK snowfall: Neelum, Leepa, Bhedi declared calamity-hit areas09:50 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FO summons Indian diplomat to reject mischievous portrayal of ...08:58 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FM Qureshi reaches Qatar after conclusion of successful US visit08:51 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019