IMF expresses satisfaction over Pakistan’s economic performance in first quarter review
ISLAMABAD - International Monetary Fund’s (IMF) Resident Representative for Pakistan, Teresa Daban Sanchez has expressed satisfaction on the overall macro-economic performance of the government in the first-quarter review.
She expressed these views during a conversation with relevant stakeholders on the first quarterly review of 39-month arrangement made under the Extended Fund Facility for Pakistan, in Islamabad.
The IMF Resident Representative said revenue collections have increased substantially, with improvement in the trade deficit and net foreign assets.
She said there was a successful transition towards a market-based exchange rate regime by the government which helps increase foreign exchange reserves.
Teresa praised the government for successfully controlling expenditures with the help of new public finance management law.
- President Alvi passes Parents Protection Ordinance 202108:50 PM | 8 May, 2021
- PAKvZIM – Pakistan on top after Abid Ali hits maiden double ton08:00 PM | 8 May, 2021
- PM Imran and wife Bushra walk barefoot to Masjid-e-Nabwi (VIDEO)07:17 PM | 8 May, 2021
- Prime suspect in British-Pakistani woman's murder case surrenders to ...06:35 PM | 8 May, 2021
- Javeria Abbasi recalls how she broke 12 bones in an accident (VIDEO)05:03 PM | 8 May, 2021
- Here's what Hina Altaf said about Aagha Ali before marriage (VIDEO)05:41 PM | 8 May, 2021
- Mahira Khan all set to hit Indian screens again04:39 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021