FM Qureshi hopes US President to raise Kashmir issue with India
ISLAMABAD - Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi has expressed the confidence that the US President Donald Trump will raise the issue of Kashmir dispute during his meeting with the Indian Prime Minister in New Delhi.
Talking to a private television channel today (Tuesday), the foreign minister said that the US President understands the sensitivity of the issue between the two nuclear-armed neighbours.
He also termed President Donald Trump's statement about Pakistan-US good relations on the Indian soil as an extraordinary one and said that the statement has a special significance as it was made in the gathering of BJP supporters.
Shah Mahmood Qureshi said the Indian side will have to review its policy.
Earlier, the roars of appreciations turned into a pin drop silence at the crowded stadium of Indian city of Ahmedabad as United States President Donald Trump said the Pakistan-US relationship was "very good one".
There was huge applause going on as Trump, who arrived on the two-day maiden Indian visit, spoke of his country's anti-terror efforts and the US-Indian ties with Narendra Modi also seen joining the crowd for an ovation.
Suddenly, to the shock of the crowd, Trump turned the course of speech towards the Pak-US relations saying "Our relationship with Pakistan is a very good one".
- KSA indicates health standards as primary criteria for Hajj pilgrims03:10 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- LHC extends Shehbaz Sharif's bail in assets beyond means case02:09 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- Usman Mukhtar's short film 'Bench' wins at South Shore Film Festival ...01:32 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020