Christian Louboutin removed 'Imran sandals' from their website and we wonder why
The crowd-favourite Peshawari footwear was being reintroduced by the designer whose luxury collection is a favourite around the globe, Earlier the colourful shoe on display went viral in Pakistan but the designer seems to have tried a way to appease the local public by giving them a name which has left many confused.
Strangely, 24 hours after the post and the shoe went viral, it has been removed from the brand’s Instagram page as well as the official website. We’re speculating it may be because of complaints against the name … who knows? We do know that Christian Louboutin has been fascinated with South Asia for a couple of years now.
The #Imransandals hashtag also went trending on Twitter and people were seen trolling the famous brand while some seemed to like them. Let's have a look at some of the posts:
Imran Qureshi or Imran Khan- Taking a cue from UP CM yogi, since we are at similar sounding names this election season- here could well be Pak PM's answer to our good old #ModiMerchandise ( Read: vs #ImranSandals ) And hell yeah they are Louboutins https://t.co/ezuEsnxxed— Griha Atul (@GrihaAtul) March 25, 2019
Also, two years ago he launched a show called ‘Lahore Flats’ and later worked with Indian designer Sabyasachi Mukherjee on a collaborative collection. The show designer, known for his trademark red-soled shoes, has friends in India and Pakistan and appears to be very tuned into the region.
We wonder why the Imran Sandals post has been removed from the brand’s official websites. It could be because of complaints against the name and copyright issues. Or the PM Imran Khan is not OK with the name.
Stay tuned for more updates.
- Two terrorists killed in Balochistan operation: ISPR11:22 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan sharply rejects India’s ‘irresponsible remarks’ about ...10:35 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Faisalabad locals find unexploded bomb might have been dropped during ...10:24 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Coronavirus — Pakistan PM Imran seeks more debt relief from G-20 ...09:07 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Jennifer Aniston reveals that she almost quit Hollywood04:48 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- The Boys – A massive Amazon hit all set to have a spin-off04:19 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Ahad Raza Mir turns 27, receives heartwarming birthday wishes from ...03:57 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020