Afghanistan says no to CPEC unless Pakistan provides trade access to India
Mentioning sovereignty issue raised by India, Ghani also warned that if Afghanistan was not given transit access to Wagah and Attari for trade with India via Pakistan, then Kabul will also restrict Islamabad's access to central Asia, the DNA reported.
He was addressing a gathering at the Vivekananda International Foundation in New Delhi.
The comment comes a week after a meeting took place between representatives of Afghanistan, China, Pakistan and the United States in Oman, in which the revival of peace talks with the Taliban was discussed.
India fumes as Bangladesh backs China's Belt and ... 08:11 PM | 7 Oct, 2017
NEW DELHI - Bangladesh has supported China's One-Belt-One-Road (OBOR) initiative, a day after the Trump administration ...
According to DNA, Ghani also rejected what he termed a “Pakistan-managed” effort to broker peace in Afghanistan.
"Sanctuaries are provided, logistics are provided, training is provided, ideological base is provided [...] Pakistan has come to a juncture and it needs to make a choice," DNA quoted Ghani as saying. "Our reaction will be determined by its [Pakistan's] choices."
Talking about the peace process, Ghani suggested that he does not ignore India's role in bringing peace and stability to the war-ravaged country. He said the next round of Kabul process will be held in January next year.
Ghani invites India to exploit Afghanistan's ... 04:37 PM | 24 Oct, 2017
NEW DELHI–President Ashraf Ghani has urged India to invest in Afghanistan's mining sector during his one-day visit to ...
Ghani termed the Trump administration's South Asia strategy a "game-changer" for the region as it "recommends multi-dimensional condition-based approach for the region."
"There is no secret agreement between Afghanistan and India. There are no secret Indian facilities. There is no destabilisation of any neighbours from Afghanistan taking place through implicit or explicit collusion. Let's get out of the word of fiction," he added.
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:29 AM | 23 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan reports 58 new deaths, 2,357 fresh Covid cases in 24 hours09:08 AM | 23 Sep, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 23 September 202108:43 AM | 23 Sep, 2021
- Results 2021: FBISE decides not to fail any student of Class 10, 1211:45 PM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Play cricket aggressively, PM Imran advises Pakistan team ahead of ...10:55 PM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Aamina Sheikh and husband Omar Farooqui welcome a baby boy06:20 PM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Hania Amir and Ali Rehman Khan's video of jamming together wins hearts05:00 PM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Is Sarah Khan expecting a baby girl?04:47 PM | 22 Sep, 2021