Ahmed Ali Akbar wins Best Actor award at Washington DC Film Fest
Ahmed Ali Akbar bagged the award for Best Actor for the film, he revealed on Wednesday.
Announcing the happy news on Instagram, the actor shared a picture of his trophy and wrote, “Truly honoured to have won Best Actor at Washington DC South Asian Film Festival @dcsaff for Laal Kabootar.”
Starring Ahmed Ali Akbar, Mansha Pasha, Ali Kazmi, Salim Mairaj and eminent others, the film is a Karachi-based crime thriller. Ahmed plays the role of a hustling taxi driver who hoped to escape from Karachi.
Laal Kabootar has also been selected as the country’s official submission to the Oscars. The critically acclaimed film is filled with action-packed sequences and directed by Kamal Khan and produced by Harvard graduates Hania Chima and Kamil Chima.
Congratulations to Ahmed Ali Akbar on this big achievement!
Ahmed is currently starring in the much-hyped drama series Ehd-e -Wafa, along with Ahad Raza Mir, Osman Khalid Butt and Wahaj Ali.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more updates!
- Pakistan Army chief meets top US defence officials at Pentagon01:44 AM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Farah Khan praises Gauri Khan as a 'middle-class Punjabi girl'11:44 PM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Indian college boy's Pasoori rendition spreads like wildfire11:19 PM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022