Ahmed Ali Akbar wins Best Actor award at Washington DC Film Fest
Laal Kabootar made it to the Washington DC South Asian Film Festival and this time, it’s the lead actor who has done Pakistan proud.
Ahmed Ali Akbar bagged the award for Best Actor for the film, he revealed on Wednesday.
Announcing the happy news on Instagram, the actor shared a picture of his trophy and wrote, “Truly honoured to have won Best Actor at Washington DC South Asian Film Festival @dcsaff for Laal Kabootar.”
Starring Ahmed Ali Akbar, Mansha Pasha, Ali Kazmi, Salim Mairaj and eminent others, the film is a Karachi-based crime thriller. Ahmed plays the role of a hustling taxi driver who hoped to escape from Karachi.
Laal Kabootar has also been selected as the country’s official submission to the Oscars. The critically acclaimed film is filled with action-packed sequences and directed by Kamal Khan and produced by Harvard graduates Hania Chima and Kamil Chima.
Congratulations to Ahmed Ali Akbar on this big achievement!
Ahmed is currently starring in the much-hyped drama series Ehd-e -Wafa, along with Ahad Raza Mir, Osman Khalid Butt and Wahaj Ali.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more updates!
- Imran Ghazali appointed as head of information ministry’s digital ...11:46 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Afghan President Ghani phones PM Imran, discusses peace talks, ...09:34 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Three arrested in Faisalabad for displaying weapons on social media ...08:19 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Punjab govt to celebrate Tiger Force Day on Aug 907:38 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Trump gives 45 days to Microsoft for acquiring TikTok07:21 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Nothing Like Everything: Ayyan Ali announces first-ever music album04:56 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Filmmakers around the world take to part in Iran’s Resistance Film ...10:27 AM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi, Naimal Khawar Khan blessed with a baby boy12:37 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020