Punjab govt launches “Taleem Ghar” App for remote learning in COVID-19 lockdown
LAHORE- Taleem Ghar app is launched to make available localized and engaging multimedia lessons online, for public school students of class one to eight while matric and intermediate lectures will be available soon.
This was informed in a meeting chaired by Chairman Punjab Information Technology Board (PITB) Azfar Manzoor. Director-General Waqar Qureshi, Director Kashif Farooq & others were also part of the meeting.
PITB Chairman Azfar Manzoor said that the Taleem Ghar initiative aims to encourage remote learning among students as it is also available on local cable TV and its website. Taleem Ghar project will be much beneficial for the students in the prevailing situation of Corona Virus pandemic, he added.
The Taleem Ghar project is a collaboration between the School Education Department, Government of Punjab, its Program Monitoring and Implementation Unit (PMIU), and the Punjab IT Board (PITB).
The Science and Mathematics lectures are conducted through 8 animated teachers from every Monday to Thursday on local Cable Tv while these are now accessible 24/7 online via the android app & website www.taleemghar.punjab.gov.pk.
- Heavy rains likely in parts of country from Thursday11:48 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Pakistan condemns start of temple construction at Babri Mosque site ...11:09 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Trump offers to mediate standoff between China, India09:45 PM | 27 May, 2020
- India may lose T20 World Cup 2021 hosting rights over tax issues08:51 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Petrol prices likely to go down by Rs5-10 in Pakistan07:33 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Anoushey receives Eid wishes from 'Ertugrul' – VIDEO04:35 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Nadia Jamil’s best friend goes bald to support her03:55 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Asim Azhar releases his version of Bollywood song Humraah02:34 PM | 27 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020