At UNSC, China calls for peaceful settlement of Palestine issue
BEIJING – China has called for the peaceful settlement of the Palestine issue on the basis of a two-state solution.
Speaking at Security Council meeting, China's permanent representative to the United Nations Zhang Jun asked to take concrete action to advance the political process and pave the way for the early resumption of peace talks between Palestinians and Israelis on an equal footing.
He said China will continue to provide support and assistance to the Palestinian people and working closely with the international community in the pursuit of lasting peace in the Middle East.
Meanwhile, the United Nations has voiced concern over the deteriorating situation in Gaza and West Bank.
In a statement Wednesday, UN Special Coordinator for the Middle East Peace Process Nickolay Mladenov said latest escalation has once again demonstrated the urgency of implementing long-term solutions for Gaza.
- Two troops martyred in Miranshah operation11:54 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Suzuki likely to unveil 9th Generation Alto this year11:48 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan to create tech-based farms to promote exports11:04 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan’s UN envoy Munir intensified efforts to accomplish ...09:57 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- PAMI elects Prof Dr. Chaudhry Abdul Rehman as new president08:50 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Queen Elizabeth strips disgraced Harvey Weinstein of top royal honour02:43 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Asim Abbasi apologises for copying French artist Malika Favre's work ...02:30 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy roped in to co-direct a Marvel film01:48 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020