Pakistan's Mohammad Amir retires from Test cricket
In a statement, Amir said, "It has been an honour to represent Pakistan in the pinnacle and traditional format of the game. I, however, have decided to move away from the longer version so I can concentrate on white-ball cricket".
"Playing for Pakistan remains my ultimate desire and objective, and I will try my best to be in the best physical shape to contribute to the team's upcoming challenges, including next year's ICC T20 World Cup, he said adding that "It has not been an easy decision to make and I have been thinking about this for some time. But with the ICC World Test Championship commencing shortly and Pakistan boasting some very exciting young fast bowlers, it is appropriate that I call on my time in Test cricket so that the selectors can plan accordingly".
Amir said, "I want to thank all my team-mates as well the opponents in red-ball cricket. It has been a privilege to play with and against them. I am sure our paths will continue to cross in limited-overs cricket as all of us play and compete with the same vigour and determination".
"I also want to thank the PCB for providing me with the opportunity to don the golden star on my chest. And, I am grateful to my coaches who have groomed me at various stages of my career", he asserted.
PCB Managing Director Wasim Khan said, "Amir has been one of the most exciting and talented left-arm fast bowlers in Test cricket in recent times. He overcame adversity as a young cricketer and came back stronger not only as a cricketer but also as a better human being. His skill, on the field, and his personality will be missed in the dressing room in the longer format".
"However, we respect his decision and look forward to him continuing to play an integral role in white-ball cricket for Pakistan", he added.
Amir made his Test debut against Sri Lanka in Galle on July 2009, he featured in 36 Tests, taking 119 wickets at an average of 30.47. His best bowling returns - six for 44 were against the West Indies in Kingston on April 2017.
- PTI government to announce mini budget as required by IMF11:24 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- UAE inaugurates 'Asia's largest' visa centre in Pakistan09:15 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan to conduct all exams as per schedule, says Education ...08:09 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Battle Axe Polo Cup sponsored by Faysal Bank: Remounts win another ...07:06 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- The City School inaugurated Raziuddin Shaikh All-Pakistan Senior ...06:43 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Title song of ‘Kahay Dil Jidhar’ starring Mansha Pasha and Junaid ...05:00 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Sajal Aly talks about her relationship with Janhvi Kapoor04:16 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Mahira Khan’s new dance video breaks the internet03:15 PM | 28 Nov, 2021