Nandipur Power Project soon to be fully operational
Talking to APP here on Friday, the MD said three units of the plant had already been commissioned and the plant was supplying 300 MW to the national grid station.
He said the fourth unit of combine circle would be ready in few weeks which would help attain the plant full generation capacity of 425 MW.
Replying to a question, Mehmood said the project was completed within its estimated approved PC-1 cost of Rs58 billion.
He said the Nandipur power plant was second most efficient thermal power plant after Guddu 747 MW. Currently the plant has been shut down for replacing DC panel at switch yard and would start supplying generation in next three days, he added.
During the tenure of the previous governments, the project was delayed for about four years resulting surge in it cost from $329 million to $847m.
- Eid-ul-Fitr: Ruet body to meet Wednesday for moon sighting10:42 AM | 9 May, 2021
- Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-May-09-Updated 10:00 ...09:32 AM | 9 May, 2021
- Pakistan registers 3,785 new Covid-19 cases, 118 deaths in 24 hours09:12 AM | 9 May, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 09 May 202108:59 AM | 9 May, 2021
- A successful story of young Emirati chef - Ahmed Darweesh01:16 AM | 9 May, 2021
- Javeria Abbasi recalls how she broke 12 bones in an accident (VIDEO)05:03 PM | 8 May, 2021
- Here's what Hina Altaf said about Aagha Ali before marriage (VIDEO)05:41 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021