Chinese troops ‘destroy two Indian bunkers after crossing Sino-India frontier’
According to reports in Indian media, the face-off has been going on in Doka La general area in Sikkim for the past ten days and the Chinese troops have also stopped a batch of pilgrims proceeding on Kailash Mansarovar Yatra.
The Indian troops had to struggle hard to stop the Chinese personnel from advancing further into Indian territory, the Indian Express reported.
They formed a human wall along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) to stop the PLA personnel, some of whom also videographed and clicked pictures of the incident.
The bunkers have been destroyed in Lalten of the Doka La area.
A flag meeting was held between senior army officers of both sides on June 20, but tension continues.
The Chinese forces had in November 2008 destroyed some makeshift Indian army bunkers at the same place.
- 640 new coronavirus cases reported; one death in past 24 hours in ...04:31 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- APC flimsy attempt to put pressure on govt: Shibli04:01 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- We will continue to restore democracy by removing PTI govt: Zardari03:43 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- APC turning point in Pakistani politics, time to take major decisions ...02:11 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle make it to the list of Time’s 100 most ...01:14 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Keanu Reeves reveals that The Matrix 4 is to be a Love Story01:11 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- I learnt how to ride a bike for 'Quaid e Azam Zindabad': Mahira Khan06:11 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020