Muslim teen knocks out boxing stereotypes by wearing hijab
The International Boxing Association (AIBA) last month lifted a ban on hijabs and other full-body uniforms that fighters wear for religious reasons.
She said: 'Boxing keeps me sane and keeps me happy, I absolutely love it.
'I started just for fun but I've really fallen in love with the sport.
'I was bit worried at first about being a hijabi girl going into a boxing gym. It's not what people are used to.
'But everyone has been so nice and supportive. No one minds that I wear a hijab in the ring.
'It doesn't affect my boxing at all, some people think it might make it hard to move but I forget I'm even wearing it.'
GO GIRL! :)
- Pakistan shows falling trend in Covid-19 cases12:00 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Eidul-Adha in style06:20 PM | 10 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022