Pakistan, China sign several MoUs in diverse sectors
The bilateral ties were discussed during the delegation-level talks between Prime Minister Imran Khan and Chinese Vice President Wang Qishan, who is visiting Pakistan on the invitation of the prime minister.
During the interaction, the two leaders exchanged views on the entire gamut of bilateral relations.
Recalling his visit to China last month to attend the 2nd Belt and Road Forum (BRF), PM Imran expressed satisfaction at the results of the visit and highlighted the significance of high level exchanges in cementing the abiding friendship between the two countries.
The prime minister appreciated President Xi's Belt and Road Initiative and underscored its significance for greater regional connectivity and sustainable growth.
Reiterating Pakistan's unwavering commitment to China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), the prime minister highlighted the extension of CPEC into new areas of agriculture, industrial development, and socio-economic uplift.
He also stressed the importance of further deepening bilateral economic and commercial interaction, industrial collaboration, and China's investment in Pakistan's Special Economic Zones (SEZs).
The vice president thanked the prime minister for the warm hospitality and reiterated China's strong support for the agenda of socio-economic uplift and people-centered development.
He also expressed satisfaction at the increasing momentum of bilateral engagement between the two countries.
Chinese Vice President Wang Qishan arrives in ... 09:10 AM | 26 May, 2019
ISLAMABAD – The Vice President of China Wang Qishan Sunday was accorded red carpet welcome as he arrived on three-day ...
Among other things, the vice president underlined the importance of frequent leadership-level exchanges, the salience of CPEC projects in diverse sectors, expansion of bilateral trade in a balanced manner, promotion of investments, and increase in cultural and people-to-people exchanges with a special focus on youth and the media.
The two sides also exchanged views on the regional situation, including recent developments in South Asia.
The vice president lauded Pakistan's constructive approach and new initiatives for forging peaceful and cooperative relations in the neighborhood.
He also expressed China's appreciation for Pakistan's sustained and successful efforts in the fight against terrorism and reaffirmed China's steadfast support in this regard.
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 02 October 202208:48 AM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Haider Ali hospitalised after viral illness10:32 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- PM Shehbaz felicitates Chinese leadership on National Day10:00 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Pakistani UN peacekeeper martyred in Central Africa09:46 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Bollywood actress Rani Mukerji set to release her autobiography04:48 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Tajikistan singer Abdu Rozik is the first contestant of Bigg Boss 1607:08 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Teaser revealed for Wasim Akram, Fawad Khan-starrer 'Money Back ...08:48 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022