PM Imran, Egypt’s President Sisi discuss Palestine issue after Hamas-Israel ceasefire
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan held a telephone conversation with the President of the Arab Republic of Egypt Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi on Wednesday.
The premier appreciated the important role played by Egypt and its leadership for cessation of hostilities in Palestine.
Condemning strongly the Israeli aggression against innocent Palestinians, especially women and children, and the sacrilege of Al-Aqsa Mosque during the holy month of Ramadan, the Prime Minister stressed the importance of the early and just resolution of the Palestine issue.
He termed the current situation in Gaza as Palestinians living in “open prison”.
In this regard, the Prime Minister called for total withdrawal of Israeli forces from Occupied Palestinian Territories including Jerusalem; restitution of the inalienable rights of the Palestinian people including their right to self-determination and the right of return to Palestine and the establishment of an independent, viable and contiguous Palestinian State, as part of a two-state solution, with pre-1967 borders, with Al-Quds Al-Sharif as its capital.
He also laid emphasis on the importance of solidarity among the Muslim Ummah, and adopting a collective approach especially through the OIC platform, for safeguarding the rights of Muslims, particularly those living under foreign occupation.
Outlining the recent efforts made by Pakistan in amplifying the voice of the Palestinian people, he reaffirmed Pakistan’s continued support for the just settlement of the Palestinian issue.
President Sisi invited the Prime Minister to visit Egypt, while the Prime Minister renewed his invitation to President Sisi to visit Pakistan.
It was agreed to continue with the momentum of high-level exchanges to further strengthen bilateral political and economic ties between the two countries.
Pakistan welcomes Israel-Hamas ceasefire 11:26 AM | 21 May, 2021
NEW YORK: Pakistan on Friday welcomed the announcement of a ceasefire between Israel and Hamas after 11 days of deadly ...
- PM Imran reiterates to bring powerful under the ambit of law12:54 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Videos of alleged buying, selling of votes leak ahead of Lahore’s ...12:33 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Section 144 imposed around Karachi's Nasla Tower amid protests ...11:52 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- President Alvi, Tajik counterpart agree to further strengthen ...11:27 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Punjab students to get Rs3,000 monthly stipend under Waseela Taleem ...10:53 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Abrar Ul Haq comes under fire for sharing video of young girl making ...07:32 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Shoaib Malik and Sania Mirza launch their customised fragrance07:00 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Malala Yousafzai’s family celebrates her Oxford graduation04:30 PM | 27 Nov, 2021