Police, protesters clash outside Rana Sana's house in Faisalabad
More than 1,000 protesters belonging to a religious party had gathered outside and surrounded the house of Rana Sanaullah.
The protesters had pelted stones at the policemen deployed outside the minister's guest house. At least, one police officer was injured. In order to disperse the protesters, the police shelled them with tear gas.
Protesters belonging to a religious group continued to stage sit-ins and block roads in various cities after security forces started operation to disperse the Islamabad sit-in on Saturday.
In Islamabad, police commenced operation on court orders following the expiry of the midnight deadline set by the district administration on Saturday.
Around 8,000 security officials were part of the operation, including 3,000 FC personnel.
At least 250 people, including 90 policemen and FC personnel, were injured in the operation and admitted to different hospitals in the twin cities.
- T20 World Cup 2021: Australia bowl first in opener against South ...03:36 PM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan-Morocco’s first-ever joint military drills concludes in ...02:11 PM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan name 12-man squad for T20 World Cup opener against India01:33 PM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani cabbie released after spending 17 years at Guantanamo Bay ...01:08 PM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan reaches milestone of administering 100mn Covid jabs11:56 AM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Madam Noor Jehan's family responds to Ali Azmat's remarks04:44 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Celebrities set the dance floor ablaze at Usman Mukhtar and Zunaira ...03:32 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Ertugrul star Burcu Kiratli’s new bold video goes viral01:40 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021