Major university in Islamabad closed down after Covid-19 positive cases
ISLAMABAD – A leading university in federal capital has been shut down after coronavirus cases surfaced at different departments of the campus.
Quaid-e-Azam University Islamabad has issued a notification in this regard, stating that it will organize online class till November 6.
The administration has asked the students, staying at hostels to go home but it has relaxed the condition for those who belong to far-flung areas.
It said that the students, who will continue to stay at hostel, will have to follow the social distancing protocol strictly.
The decision was announced after the university reported five cases at three departments, which were immediately sealed by health officials to prevent further spread of the virus.
The total active COVID-19 cases in Pakistan stand at 10,788 as 707 more people tested positive for the deadly virus during the last 24 hours.
Three corona patients, who were under treatment in hospital died on Sunday, according to the latest update issued by the National command and Operation Centre (NCOC).
No COVID affected person was on ventilator in Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK), Gilgit Baltistan (GB) and Balochistan, while 90 ventilators elsewhere in Pakistan, out of 1,884 allocated for COVID-19 patients, were occupied.
Some 26,492 tests were conducted across the country on Sunday, including 9,019 in Sindh, 8,584 in Punjab, 4,560 in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP), 2,990 in Islamabad Capital Territory (ICT), 501 in Balochistan, 241 in Gilgit Baltistan (GB), and 597 in Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK).
Around 311,075 people have recovered from the disease so far across Pakistan making it a significant count with over 90 percent recovery ratio of the affected patients.
Since the pandemic outbreak, a total of 328,602 cases were detected so far, including AJK 3,846, Balochistan 15,810, GB 4,180, ICT 19,012, KP 39,043, Punjab 102,875 and Sindh 143,836.
About 6,739 deaths were recorded in country since the eruption of the contagion, including 2,598 Sindh, 2,335 in Punjab, 1,269 in KP, 212 in ICT two of them died in hospital on Sunday, 148 in Balochistan, 90 in GB and 87 in AJK one of them died in hospital on Sunday.
A total of 4,290,545 corona tests have been conducted so far, while 735 hospitals are equipped with COVID facilities. Some 813 corona patients were admitted in hospitals across the country.
- Nestlé redoubles efforts to combat climate change06:28 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- Use Pakistan Citizen Portal to revamp governance, PM Imran urges ...06:16 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- Xiaomi launches Mi 10T in Pakistan – Check the Price & ...06:00 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- Who's this girl Shahveer Jafry 'getting engaged to'?11:55 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Aseefa Bhutto's 'great debut' reminds Pakistan of Benazir08:46 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Maya Ali ‘blessed’ to work with Shoaib Mansoor08:09 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020