Leonardo DiCaprio's environmental organisation is putting $5m towards helping the Amazon rainforest
Earth Alliance will give the money to local groups and indigenous communities as they work to protect the Amazon.
“The lungs of the Earth are in flames,” said the Titanic star.
“The Brazilian Amazon – home to 1 million Indigenous people and 3 million species – has been burning for more than two weeks straight,”
Utilizing his reach to create awareness, the actor told his followers a few steps they can take to help the cause.
“As an emergency response, donate to front line Amazon groups working to defend the forest,
DiCaprio, who visited Brazil two years ago to fight fires with a tribe there, said he planned to return to help again. “What’s vital to protecting these forests is to protect the indigenous cultures there,” he added.
- #MeToo: Ayesham Omar opens up about sexual harassment with Rose ...01:30 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- COAS Bajwa interacts with senior serving, retired military officers ...12:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- World Bank announces new Country Director for Pakistan11:51 AM | 4 Aug, 2020
- New York’s Times Square lights up in solidarity for Kashmiri people11:19 AM | 4 Aug, 2020
- India imposes curfew in Srinagar ahead of clampdown anniversary10:32 AM | 4 Aug, 2020
- From Acting to ‘Action!’: Saba Qamar to make directorial debut ...05:32 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Nothing Like Everything: Ayyan Ali announces first-ever music album04:56 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Filmmakers around the world take to part in Iran’s Resistance Film ...10:27 AM | 3 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020