US congresswoman calls for de-escalation, restoration of communication in occupied Kashmir
In a tweet, Ilhan Omar stressed that international organizations should be allowed to fully document what is happening on the ground.
We should be calling for an immediate restoration of communication; respect for human rights, democratic norms, and religious freedom; and de-escalation in Kashmir.— Ilhan Omar (@IlhanMN) August 26, 2019
International organizations should be allowed to fully document what is happening on the ground.
The tweet comes a day after a meeting between US President Donald Trump and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi in France.
US President Donald Trump had earlier offered to mediate on Kashmir, however, he apparently backtracked on his offer as he held a meeting with Modi on the sidelines of a G7 summit.
"We spoke last night about Kashmir, prime minister really feels he has it under control. They speak with Pakistan and I'm sure that they will be able to do something that will be very good," the US president had told reporters.
The Indian government also imposed a strict lockdown and communications blackout in the region which has entered 23rd day today (Tuesday).
- HSY, Feroze Khan discuss initiatives to combat harassment on Live ...08:18 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Northern’s Haider Ali trends on Twitter after blasting batting in ...06:42 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Indian national held for crossing into Pakistan illegally, booked ...05:55 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Vice Admiral Amjad Niazi appointed new Pakistan Navy chief05:33 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Super well made: Anoushey Ashraf can’t stop praising ...04:35 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- The fault is not in our laws, our mindset needs to change: Mehwish ...02:59 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Rhea Chakraborty 'an active member of a drug syndicate:' NCB02:26 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020