‘We didn’t even use our F-16s,’ Pakistan Army rubbishes Indian media’s attempts to deflect from real news
The military spokesman also clarified that no F-16 of Pakistan was shot down in this action contrary to some reports by Indian media. The F-16 jets were not even engaged in this action.
In response to PAF strikes this morning as released by MoFA, IAF crossed LOC. PAF shot down two Indian aircrafts inside Pakistani airspace. One of the aircraft fell inside AJ&K while other fell inside IOK. One Indian pilot arrested by troops on ground while two in the area.— DG ISPR (@OfficialDGISPR) February 27, 2019
Pakistan Air Force on Wednesday undertook strikes across the Line of Control from within Pakistani airspace.
“Pakistan today showed that it has the capability and will to respond to any aggression but it will exercise restraint to avoid escalating the situation,” Ghafoor said
He said Pak armed forces have the capability, will, resolve, people backing and all resources. But “being a responsible state, we decided that we will not aim any military target”.
“We also wanted to ensure that no human loss or collateral damage is done during our engaging the targets. He said we selected six targets but we hit the areas close to them while keeping a safe distance, in order to demonstrate our capability. This action was purely in self-defence and with no aggressive designs.”
Major General Asif Ghafoor said after taking the targets, two aircraft of Indian Air Force violated LoC and entered into Pakistani territory. PAF engaged them and both of these were shot down, with debris of one falling inside our territory and the other in Indian Occupied Kashmir. Two Indian pilots were taken into custody and they are being treated well. One is injured and is being provided with proper medical care.
Meanwhile, a video has been released by the Pakistani Army that shows the identity and the surrounding information regarding the Indian pilots.
"My name is Wing Commander Abhinandan and my service number is 27981," the Indian pilot can be heard revealing his basic details in the video.
Indian authorities have also confirmed the pilot, who is the son of a retired air marshal, has not returned to the Indian air base after the sortie.
- Pakistan surpasses 54,000 cases of coronavirus – 1,133 confirmed ...11:05 PM | 24 May, 2020
- Muhammad Zubair — one of two plane crash survivors — discharged ...10:56 PM | 24 May, 2020
- Turkish President expresses condolence over Karachi plane crash09:48 PM | 24 May, 2020
- BJP leader expelled after he was filmed jumping off balcony of ...08:59 PM | 24 May, 2020
- Pakistan calls for imposition of economic, military sanctions on India07:41 PM | 24 May, 2020
- Zara Abid presumed dead, not amongst the survivors of PIA plane crash05:13 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Netflix announces Élite season 4 with returning cast members04:07 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Alizeh Shah, Nida & Yasir Nawaz allegedly test positive for ...02:38 PM | 23 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020