Jalal Sikandar Sultan sworn in as Pakistan's new Chief Election Commissioner
ISLAMABAD – Muhammad Jalal Sikandar Sultan sworn in as the Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) on Monday.
Chief Justice of Pakistan Gulzar Ahmad administered him the oath at a ceremony at the Supreme Court in Islamabad on Monday.
Muhammad Jalal Sikandar Sultan is a former bureaucrat. He was chosen to head the Election Commission by a parliamentary committee comprising government and opposition members following the retirement of Sardar Raza Khan from the seat last month.
- LHC summons DG Rescue-1122 over plea challenging his reappointment10:48 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- UNSG Guterres occupied Kashmir, Afghan peace process with Pakistan ...09:39 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- realme Pakistan teases one of the much-awaited entry-level ...08:55 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Pakistan gets highest-ever $200m GCF grant to redress environment ...08:49 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Northern beat England’s MCC by 9 wickets08:41 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Riz Ahmed to debut play about his 'toxic breakup' with UK12:27 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Shaniera Akram shares her experience of working in debut film11:58 AM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Jaafar Jackson is amazed by Pakistani hospitality during visit11:55 AM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019