Lease dispute: Malaysian court releases PIA grounded plane
KUALA LUMPUR – A Malaysian court on Wednesday directs immediate release of a Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) plane that was held two weeks ago in wake of a British court case over the jet's lease.
The court directed to release the plane with immediate release as both sides had reached an amicable settlement to the dispute.
PIA counsel Kwan Will Sen said Peregrine has agreed to withdraw lawsuit against Pakistan International Airlines Corp and for the injunction orders to be set aside. With this, the two Boeing aircraft operated by PIAC would be released with immediate effect.
Earlier on January 23, the national carrier informed the London High Court that it has paid around $7 million to Peregrine Aviation Charlie Ltd in the case of two jets leased to it by the Dublin-based AerCap.
PIA pays $7mn for impounded jet in Malaysia 11:17 AM | 23 Jan, 2021
ISLAMABAD – The Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) on Friday informed the London High Court that it has paid ...
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:32 AM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan reports 1,897 new Covid cases, lowest in two months09:04 AM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 21 September 202108:35 AM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Azam Swati questions ECP’s decision to serve him show-cause notice12:48 AM | 21 Sep, 2021
- No reason to doubt Taliban’s intentions, says ISPR DG12:34 AM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Canadian vlogger Rosie Gabrielle wants everyone to know that Pakistan ...05:53 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Mathira claps back at trolls with an explosive statement: ‘Don’t ...04:57 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- TikTok star Jannat Mirza's new video goes viral04:35 PM | 20 Sep, 2021