Pakistan secures GI tag for its Basmati
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan on Tuesday received the geographical indicator (GI) tag for its Basmati.
The country has obtained the geographical indicator tag for its Basmati through inter-provincial and public-private cooperation which will strengthen its case against India in the European Union.
Earlier, India had attempted to block Pakistan’s trade in the European Union by declaring its Basmati as geographically original.
Pakistan had challenged the claim and, by registering its own geographical indicator for Basmati, it would claim the same protection of its Basmati in the European Union as India.
- Shaheen Afridi pays his respect to Lala for wishing him success10:07 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Master Paints Jinnah Gold Cup 2021: Diamond Paints clinch title09:20 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Sri Lanka receives first COVID-19 vaccines shipment from COVAX08:28 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Shahid Afridi confirms Shaheen's family asked for daughter's hand in ...05:46 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Bigg Boss 14 fame Arshi Khan all set for debut in Bollywood01:10 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Canadian biker girl Rosie Gabrielle ties the knot with Pakistani ...10:16 AM | 7 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021