Umar Akmal's masterclass in the Caribbean T-20 league may help his Pakistan chances
Umar Akmal's brilliant fightback secured the crucial three-wicket win over St Lucia Zouks to draw Knight Riders level with their opponents on eight points in a tie for third.
The win also helped the Knight Riders push back the Barbados Tridents to fifth place with two games to play. Akmal struck an unbeaten 73 off 35 balls in the Knight Riders' chase of 168, after digging his side out of a deep hole at 63 for 5 in the 10th over.
Kevon Cooper hit the winning runs on the last ball of the penultimate over.
Akmal, who last played for Pakistan during the ICC World T-20, remained unbeaten on 73, scoring at a staggering strike rate of 208.
- In a historic first, people with mental illness allowed to open a ...07:58 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Finance Minister Shaukat Tarin ‘to run for Senate’07:15 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- PSL 2021 – Quetta Gladiators win toss, opt bowling against Peshawar ...06:41 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Saudi Arabia cancels Hajj for international pilgrims over COVID-19 ...06:11 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Waseem Abbas reflects on Mahira Khan-Firdous Jamal controversy04:44 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Shah Rukh Khan gets back to work for 'Pathan' shooting04:20 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021