Umar Akmal's masterclass in the Caribbean T-20 league may help his Pakistan chances
Umar Akmal's brilliant fightback secured the crucial three-wicket win over St Lucia Zouks to draw Knight Riders level with their opponents on eight points in a tie for third.
The win also helped the Knight Riders push back the Barbados Tridents to fifth place with two games to play. Akmal struck an unbeaten 73 off 35 balls in the Knight Riders' chase of 168, after digging his side out of a deep hole at 63 for 5 in the 10th over.
Kevon Cooper hit the winning runs on the last ball of the penultimate over.
Akmal, who last played for Pakistan during the ICC World T-20, remained unbeaten on 73, scoring at a staggering strike rate of 208.
- ‘We just have to play with it’: Imran Khan’s audio leak about ...01:03 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan PM Shehbaz, Army Chief felicitates Saudi crown prince on ...11:51 AM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Petrol price likely to dip by Rs9 per litre from October 111:18 AM | 28 Sep, 2022
- PAKvENG: Pakistan, England face off in 5th T20I today10:52 AM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani FM Bilawal urges US, China to set aside rivalry to fight ...10:26 AM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Malala 'so grateful' to husband for holding her hand and awards09:15 PM | 27 Sep, 2022
- Hrithik Roshan and Saif Ali Khan groove to 'Alcoholiya'11:32 PM | 27 Sep, 2022
- Bushra Ansari faces criticism for receiving anti-aging treatment10:07 PM | 27 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022