SINDH: PPP outshines Sindh as ECP unveils official results for provincial assembly
According to the official results revealed by the Election Commission of Pakistan for 128 seats of Sindh Assembly, PPP has secured 74 seats, paving way for the party to rule the province for the third time in a row.
Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf has garnered the second spot in the electoral race with some 22 seats to their name.
The embattled Muttahida Qaumi Movement-Pakistan has won 16 seats of the provincial assembly, in some relief to the party which has been under the clouds ever since the party chief made an Anti-Pakistan speech in August 2016.
The Grand Democratic Alliance (GDA) has secured 11 seats in the elections with Tehreek-e-Labbaik and independent candidates gaining two seats each.
Muttahida Majlis-e-Amal (MMA), a coalition of religious factions, has failed to impress the public in Sindh as it gained only a single seat.
Looking at the numbers game, it becomes visible that PPP will make a coalition government in the province, paving way for them to rule the province for 15 years in a row.
The most surprising part of the results is the defeat of Pak Sarzameen Party (PSP) led by Mustafa Kamal, who made tall claims before the elections and also attracted politicians from MQM and PPP but failed to gain a single seat in the electoral battle.
- ‘Bismillah’ – Sharmila Faruqui files cybercrime complaint ...06:49 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- PCB announces reserve pool of players for PSL 202206:18 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan celebrities in shock over blast in Lahore’s Anarkali Bazaar05:40 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- 'Tu Jhoom' - Coke Studio's producer Xulfi refutes plagiarism claims03:44 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021