Five killed after policemen open fire at each other in India
At least five policemen were killed in India after police from two states – Assam and Mizoram – fired at each other over longstanding border dispute.
The unusual incident happened along the border between the two states in north-eastern India while officials of both sides are holding each other responsible for the violent act.
Both states, which share a 164km border, are at odds since long but the tension continued to intensify for few months due to provocative statements from both sides.
The two sides have often engaged in a scuffle over it, sometimes violently. But this was the first time police in the states had opened fired at each other in a direct confrontation.
The officers killed in the incident were from Assam.
Indian army commanders bring differences over air ... 12:15 AM | 4 Jul, 2021
NEW DELHI — Ever ready to blame Pakistan for every little thing that happens across the border, top commanders of ...
- Lt Gen (r) Ishfaq Nadeem passes away11:31 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- PTI’s Haleem Adil Sheikh confirms marriage to MPA Dua Bhutto11:09 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran inaugurates Digital Media Development Program for youth10:59 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- SBP puts limits on financing for imported vehicles10:29 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Pakistani forces kill six terrorists during Balochistan operation09:44 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Indian song 'Mehendi' is a copy of iconic Pakistani song 'Gagar'03:46 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Firdous Jamal's comments about Mahira Khan, Osman Khalid trigger ...03:24 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Neha Rajpoot and Shahbaz Taseer's wedding festivities kickstart03:18 PM | 24 Sep, 2021