PTV pioneer, legendary actress Begum Khursheed Shahid passes away at 95
LAHORE – Pakistani celebrated actress and radio presenter Begum Khursheed Shahid Sunday passed away at the age of 95.
Her son who is also an actor, Salman Shahid, confirmed the death of Begum Khursheed. She was put on the ventilator after suffering a cardiac arrest and had been in the hospital for some time.
The funeral prayers of the deceased will be offered at 4 pm today in Defense Phase 2 while her burial will be held in Phase 7 Cemetery.
One of Pakistan’s great actors, Begum Khursheed started her career in Delhi at the age of nine, both as a singer and actor at All India Radio. As a singer, she received training from legendary musicians.
Scene from Fehmida Ki Kahani, Ustani Rahat Ki Zubani
She then migrated to Pakistan in 1947 and became a major player in the theater of Lahore. She joined Pakistan Television Corporation in 1964 and acted in some of the best plays produced by television in the next two decades.
The winner of one of Pakistan’s highest civil awards, the Pride of Performance, in the 90s gradually disassociated with television as she felt that the medium was becoming commercial very rapidly and was in a constant state of decline.
‘Uncle Sargam’ — Renowned columnist, TV ... 09:19 PM | 14 May, 2021
Pakistan’s award-winning puppeteer and TV director Farooq Qaiser, who shot to fame with Uncle Sargam character, ...
- Pakistani boxer Usman Wazeer makes history in Thailand10:35 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- NSC okays constitution of high-level committee to probe PM Office ...10:10 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Forced retirement of 85 Rescue employees challenged in LHC09:45 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- PAKvENG: Pakistan set 146 runs target for England in 5th T20I09:19 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- TikToker shot dead as Iran clamps down on anti-hijab protests08:54 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Ahmed Ali Butt and Ahmed Ali Akbar trolled for recreating Oscar slap06:12 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022