‘Uncle Sargam’ — Renowned columnist, TV artist Farooq Qaiser passes away in Islamabad
Pakistan’s award-winning puppeteer and TV director Farooq Qaiser, who shot to fame with Uncle Sargam character, died in Islamabad on Friday.
According to his grandson, the deceased was suffering from cardiac complication and he took his last breathe at home before he was shifted to hospital.
In his last social media post, Qaiser advised people to follow the SOPs issued by the government to control the spread of the virus.
Born on 31 October 1945 in Lahore, He received graduate degree in Fine Arts in 1970 from the National College of Arts (NCA). Later he went to Romania where he mastered in Graphic Arts.
He had also obtained a masters degree in Mass Communication in 1999 from the University of Southern California, United States.
Fictional puppet, which was first introduced in 1976 in PTV’s show Kaliya, brought fame to the veteran celebrity.
He started his TV career in 1971 when his teacher Salima Hashmi introduced him into her children’s television puppet show Akkar Bakkar.
In 1976, he directed and wrote his own puppet show Kaliyan which received overwhelming response from public. .
Author of a few books including Kaalam Galoch, Hor Puchho, Meray Piyaray Allah Mian, and Meethay Karelay, he had been penning column for an Urdu language daily.
Prime Minister Imran Khan and people from different walks of life have expressed condolence on the demise of legend.
"Saddened to learn of Farooq Qaiser's death. He was not just a performer but would constantly raise awareness about social injustices and issues. My condolences and prayers go to his family," tweeted the premier.
Saddened to learn of Farooq Qaiser's death. He was not just a performer but would constantly raise awareness about social injustices and issues. My condolences and prayers go to his family.— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) May 14, 2021
Extremely Saddened to learn about the loss of our Uncle Sargam! Legend Farooq Qaisar sab. He was an icon. He was in regular contact and wld always motivate me. All of us have some great memories from our childhood of such a creative person. May ALLAH bless his soul. Ameen pic.twitter.com/XIn3cOBL4a— Senator Faisal Javed Khan (@FaisalJavedKhan) May 14, 2021
Uncle Sargam, Farooq Qaiser, is no more. 😔— Aniqa Nisar (@AniqaNisar) May 14, 2021
Inna lillahi wa inna illaihi rajioon. pic.twitter.com/XMoYzViYIS
More to follow...
- ISPR releases first episode of military reality show ‘60 Hours to ...11:43 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Congress leader's pro-Kashmir remarks draw criticism from BJP09:06 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan condemns Indian army for killing another three Kashmiris07:39 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan felicitates UK on Queen’s 95th official birthday07:02 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- PSL 2021 – Multan Sultans take on Peshawar Zalmi tonight06:38 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Hira Mani opens up about supporting Asim Azhar during recent ...05:40 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic leaves fans stunned with sizzling beach ...03:37 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Tiger Shroff’s mother Ayesha wishes Disha Patani on her birthday12:49 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021