23 Pakistani institutes listed among top 500 Asian universities
ISLAMABAD - As many as 23 Pakistani universities made it to top 500 Asian Universities, in a marked improvement from previous rankings.
The rankings by Quacquarelli Symonds (2019) listed Pakistan's National University of Sciences and Technology Islamabad at the 87th spot among Asian universities followed by Lahore University of Management Sciences at 92nd spot.
Quaid-i-Azam university is ranked 109 while COMSATS Institute of Information Technology is listed at number 135 by the British company specialising in education.
NUST & LUMS Rank Among the Top 100 Universities in Asia— Developing Pakistan (@DevelopmentPk) May 27, 2019
The Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University Rankings for 2019 are out.
The annual ranking now includes top 500 universities in Asia among which 23 Pakistani universities are also present. pic.twitter.com/lA2nXASfUI
Meanwhile, Pakistan Institute of Engineering and Applied Sciences (PIEAS) was ranked by QS at 146th spot while University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore garnered 171th rank.
Interestingly, last year 16 universities made it to top 500 Asian institutes, however, seven more Pakistani institutes have been included in latest rankings.
- Govt will ensure Pakistan fulfills its enormous maritime potential, ...01:22 PM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Private schools in KP reopened after five months closure12:14 PM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Toshakhana reference: Nawaz challenges NAB's summoning in IHC11:37 AM | 15 Aug, 2020
- COAS, Bill Gates discuss Pakistan's Covid-19 response, resumption of ...10:59 AM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Momina Mustehsan, Muneeb Butt call out Kangana Ranaut for spreading ...05:43 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- FIR lodged against Saba Qamar and Bilal Saeed05:09 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- Abida Parveen, Ali Zafar and Humayun Saeed among others honoured ...04:39 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020