IGP orders changes in Punjab Police uniform
According to the existing pattern of the uniform, “the beret cap shall be worn with the office working dress only in case of constables and head constables.”
But, after the introduction of the amendments, police officers will be allowed to use ranks made of metal and officials below the rank of ASI will be allowed to wear beret cap.
The officers of ASI and above ranks may wear the beret cap with the field working dress. According to the amended pattern, constables and head constables may also wear beret cap with field working dress, like the officers of the rank of ASI and above.
As far as badges of ranks are concerned, according to the existing pattern, the badges of rank are the slip-on type and embroidered with silver thread on the dark olive green fabric, as that of the shirt. After the amended pattern, badges of ranks of silver metal shall be worn/put-on on the shoulders straps of the shirt, jersey, and jacket instead of slip-on typed embroidered badges of ranks. Similarly, shoulder badges of letters ‘POLICE’ shall also be worn/put-on of same silver metal as of badges of metallic ranks, on shirt, jersey, and jacket.
The new olive green uniform had attracted a mixed response from the rank and file of police. While it was appreciated by few quarters, many officers, including officers of additional inspector general rank had expressed reservations off the record.
- Big Mac lover celebrates 50th anniversary of eating ‘best ...09:41 PM | 19 May, 2022
- New Zealand pays Pakistan compensation for abruptly ending 2021 tour09:35 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Minimum fine of Rs2,000 for traffic violation in Lahore09:10 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Pakistan Army soldier martyred in South Waziristan IED explosion08:15 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Sunny Leone’s video of getting body massage goes viral06:50 PM | 19 May, 2022
- 'Willing to play Maryam Nawaz on-screen' – Saba Qamar reveals her ...05:55 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Yumna Zaidi and Merub Ali win hearts with latest video05:09 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022