Indian Army official arrested with 8 kg heroin worth 40 crore
“Mohammad Anwar, a resident of Lam village of Nowshera in Rajouri district was arrested on Saturday and eight kilograms of pure quality heroin worth Rs40 crore in the market, bearing Afghan markings, was found in his possession,” Inspector General of Police (Jammu) SD Singh Jamwal told reporters while he presented the accused before the media.
The accused is Army official belonging to 17 Jammu and Kashmir Light Infantry regiment and attached with the Army headquarters in Delhi. He was booked under the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act.
The consignment, which was headed for Delhi, was the second major haul recovered in the past three days, IG Jamwal said.
- Zong and Growtech connect for the most-advanced business solution and ...02:37 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Punjab University makes entry test mandatory for admission in BS ...02:15 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- US announces support for flood-hit Pakistan12:54 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Seven family members go missing after car swept away by flood in Sindh11:32 AM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Watch: Coke Studio hit 'Pasoori' gets African fusion in latest teaser10:10 AM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Maria B lauds Lahore school for removing trans activist Dr Mehrub ...09:56 PM | 17 Aug, 2022
- Meera shares 'words of wisdom' with fans09:06 PM | 17 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022