Another locust attack likely to hit Pakistan
KARACHI – The Sindh Agriculture Department issued a new alert regarding the threat of a locust swarm descending on Sindh's crops on Monday.
Locusts may invade coastal areas of Sindh and Balochistan, the notification said.
United Nations subordinate Food and Agriculture Organisation had recommended an immediate survey and spray drive on the crops to avoid losses.
Locusts likely to come from Indian Gujrat and Rajasthan region, Nara, Khipro, Chachro, Diplo, Badin and Jamshoro.areas are most vulnerable to this attack.
Sindh Agriculture Minister Ismail Rahoo assert his department's teams were actively working to deal with the threat of the locust invasions, insisting that they had made all possible efforts and saved the crops of Sindh's farmers during the previous such invasion.
The federal government should play its part in in this regard so that impoverished farmers did not suffer more losses, he added.
- Female Lawyer aerial firing clip goes viral on social media (VIDEO)09:28 AM | 30 Nov, 2020
- Live open market Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - ...09:00 AM | 30 Nov, 2020
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 30 November 202008:30 AM | 30 Nov, 2020
- On the Wrong Side of History11:18 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- 'Young Imran Khan' in old photo09:04 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Islamabad plans open-air cinema for safe entertainment09:26 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- CokeStudio 2020 lineup revealed06:10 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020