'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans chanted in India
The rally was organized against the Uri attack in which the protesters reportedly raised pro-Pakistan slogan.
The episode angered pro-Modi Indian media who slammed the Congress activists for chanting pro-Pakistan slogans. A few television hosts were seen questioning as to whether the rally was held in favor of Pakistan.
According to the reports, the police have booked a number of local office-bearers and activists of the Congress party on sedition charges.
Meanwhile, the Indian media has said that Modi government is installing censor-equipped security system which will be able to identify people who try to infiltrate under land or water.
The project will cost Rs10 billion.
- Over 23mn children to be vaccinated against polio in nationwide ...01:13 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- MOFA rejects assertions made against Pakistan by ex-Canadian minister12:27 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Tokyo Olympics: Lamont Marcell Jacobs creates history as first ...11:58 AM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Prayer leader arrested for attempt to rape two minor girls in ...11:27 AM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Pakistan to get 3.5mn doses of Chinese COVID vaccines in two days: ...10:49 AM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Mustafa Qureshi, wife Rubina Qureshi test positive for coronavirus04:47 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Alizeh Shah’s flying kiss video goes viral04:21 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Katrina Kaif wins over internet with superb dance moves (VIDEO)02:40 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021