Syrian army enters key northern city after 6 years
The announcement came moments after the Kurds, left exposed by a US pledge to pull out its own troops, asked for the regime's help to face a threatened Turkish offensive.
The Syrian army spokesman said the national flag was raised in Manbij, a key city which lies about 30 kilometres south of the Turkish border.
US ‘to withdraw’ about 7,000 troops from ... 10:15 AM | 21 Dec, 2018
NEW YORK – The Trump administration is withdrawing from Afghanistan roughly 7,000 troops -- around half of American ...
"We invite the Syrian government forces... to assert control over the areas our forces have withdrawn from, in particularly Manbij, and to protect these areas against a Turkish invasion," the statement said.
Kurdish fighters still based there are part of the coalition-backed Syrian Democratic Forces alliance battling the Islamic State militant group.
- Imran Khan announces countrywide protests after 'sexual abuse' of ...06:54 PM | 19 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022